Recent Posts

Friday, July 20, 2012

25

Sometime last year, I went to buy this book, 20 Something, 20 Everything.
I was dealing with some growing pains about what I wanted in life and how it was going to happen. I enjoyed the book, but I could barely get to the third chapter without feeling silly about reading about a quarter-life crisis. True, these exasperating feelings about life are not farfetched for most ambitious, goal-centered, 20-something women. I think any sensible young woman has a plan or idea for her future and works hard to see it come to past. But if we're not careful, we'll fail to really enjoy this phase as a moment of limitless self-discovery-- by honoring our successes and learning from our mistakes. And by challenging ourselves to go beyond the ordinary.

So as I hit the quarter-life mark today, I give glory to God for allowing me to make it this far. Life is good. Ain't perfect, but I am sure happy to be me. I've realized dreams that I didn't think I had. And I've grown to encourage myself, love myself, and praise myself for all of my achievements. No need to list them, I'm sure you know:) Hell, I've even dabbled in makeup--- a huge step for me, I've never worn lipstick... ever!

So I'm growing, changing, and reaching for the stars.

Cheers to the 20-sumthins.


See that red lip? lol


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the lip color! Keep it up, I'm proud of you, Mabe. 25 can be hard, I had a quarter crises too. I felt silly for panicking and eventually calmed myself down, after do as you did, counted my blessings and realizing I had accomplished more than most people my age had. I also realized that I was in competition with the world, when all that should matter is what's good with me...
ANYWAY, I digress...
Cheers to 25! Happy (belated?) birthday.
Yedei

Ama Kyei said...

Thanks Yedei! Turned 25 on the 20th:) And yes, we are more than our problems. Be blessed and happy!

Post a Comment